Advantages of Trauma Treatment
The good news for those that suffer from the effects of trauma in St.Louis, Mo is that trauma treatment is available right here in the city. The effects of trauma can cause immense physical, emotional, and relationship problems. Treatment for trauma can work and sufferers can experience some of the following:
• Improved mood
• Increased ability to create and maintain reliable/consistent interpersonal relationships
• Improved sleep and activities of daily living
• Increased ability to contain and process traumatic memories
• Ability to pursue a well balanced healthy lifestyle
People at different ages may be witness or subject to distressing or harrowing incidents such as war, sexual abuse, or death. If you know anyone struggling with post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD) or trauma, you should encourage them to seek treatment at a professional mental health treatment center. The mental healthcare providers should utilize methodology incorporating trauma resolution therapies and medication.
Some Effective Treatment Modalities
Some of the possible treatment modalities are listed below:
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – This treatment approach involves activating components of a traumatic memory or disturbing life event and pairing those components with alternating bilateral or dual attention stimulation. This process appears to facilitate the reintegration of normal information processing. This treatment approach can result in the alleviation of presenting symptoms, diminution of distress from the memory, improved view of the self, relief from bodily disturbance, and resolution of present and future anticipated triggers.
• Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – It enables the patient to process and assess their feelings with respect to the concerned trauma. CBT can also help clients explore cognitive distortions that resulted from traumatic events. CBT cannot fix the psychological impact of trauma. However, it is beneficial when used in conjunction with EMDR or any other body-based modality.
• Internal Family Systems Therapy - this approach is based on the premise that people can learn to relate to their inner emotions or “parts” from a loving, compassionate place. It provides a way for clients to focus inside on and listen to their feelings and emotions without being overwhelmed. Through IFS clients can access traumatic memories and process them from a safe distance while relating to the memory with compassion and wisdom.
• Medication – Medication therapy can be an effective tool to help clients manage the physical symptoms resulting from trauma such as anxiety, panic attacks, or dissociation. Medication therapy should always be overseen by a licensed Psychiatrist.
Trauma treatment in St.Louis, Mo can help many men and women resolve traumatic memories and the resulting physical, emotional, and relational problems. Comprehensive, successful treatment can help those that suffer from trauma regain a balanced and healthy life.
Advantages of Trauma Treatment